The World Health Organisation has declared Coronavirus (COVID-19) a global Pandemic.
On Monday 16 March, the Premier The Hon Daniel Andrews declared Victoria as a State of Emergency enacting special measures to help combat the spread of COVID-19.
I want to assure all our stakeholders that at Ability Works Australia, we are keeping informed and up to date on the risks and we wish to assure everyone that we are well placed to deal with the changing situation.
In accordance with our comprehensive Workplace Health & Safety policy and new COVID-19 Response Plan, we have undertaken the following measures to ensure correct hygiene and good health behaviours are followed:
- Held group education sessions to demonstrate good hygiene and good health practices in accordance with published collateral from the Department of Health
- Increased signage around the building to educate about good hygiene and good health practices
- Installed four automatic dispensing hand sanitisers around the building and educated team members on when and how to use them
- Increased cleaning frequency in all areas of the business including bathroom facilities
- Increased cleaning measures on all equipment including daily disinfectant.
- Enforced self-isolation of any returning international travelers who are team members and also those who have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Enforced home stay for any team members displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and those who are generally feeling unwell
- Enacted work from home arrangements for those in high risk categories and whose job is able to be undertaken remotely
- Used social media to promote awareness around COVID-19 news that is relevant and applicable to our team members
- Are keeping abreast of all communications emanating from Government departments and industry sector bodies which influence our operations
- Are avoiding unnecessary face to face meetings, instead using phone or other online alternatives
- Limiting travel to only the most essential meetings
Our workforce is our priority and we will take any or all measures necessary to protect our team members during this time.
I will keep everyone updated and for further information see: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov.