The World Health Organisation has declared Coronavirus (COVID-19) a global Pandemic.
Senior Management and I continue to meet to daily and make decisions on the best way forward during these challenging times in unchartered waters. We are also talking frequently with like Businesses in our sector and are participating in sector discussion forums to assist with navigation.
In accordance with our comprehensive Workplace Health & Safety policy and new COVID-19 Response Plan, we have undertaken further measures since Monday 16th and my first communication. These measures are:
- Practicing social distancing in all Business units by spacing work teams and implementing split lunch breaks to ensure social distancing rules set by Government are enforced.
- Adapting goods receipt procedures to avoid contact with delivery drivers and/or delivery dockets
- Enforcing hand sanitization for all personnel upon entering the building and entering the workshop floor
- Communicating with team members regularly through phone calls, emails, group meetings to keep everyone up to date on the changing situation
- Communicating with customers to discuss possible future plans
- Communicating with suppliers to confirm supply of raw materials/goods receipt
- Drafting and discussing the AWA Disaster Recovery Plan
- Investigating Government support opportunities for Business continuation
- Checking on team members
Our workforce is our priority and we will take any or all measures necessary to protect our team members during this time.
I will keep everyone updated and for further information see: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov.